Teriyaki Turkey Sliders Recipe

Teriyaki Turkey Sliders Recipe

Last week while watching the championship baseball series between the Red Sox and what's their faces I saw a Ruby Tuesdays' commercial promoting their new triple slider platter. It was a tidy rectangle platter sporting three mini-burgers or sliders; one turkey, one beef, and one crab cake "burger." Right at that moment a light bulb went on over my head. "Why hadn't I thought of this before?" The whole mini burger concept has been around for some time but a trio- that's cool! It knew it would take me some time to concoct my favorite trio so I got to it right away.

I had a craving for some teriyaki and thought that would be a good place to start the creation of my trio. I had some really nice ground turkey breast in the refrigerator from Trader Joe's and with the addition of a few other things we had the best Teriyaki Turkey Sliders ever. I had a house full of kids, therefore I decided to serve the sliders on a bed of Goldfish Crackers along side some grapes and carrot sticks with dippy. Only two more to create for my own trio. Maybe a Greek slider next. Or a Brat Burger. I'll get right on it!

By Robin

Teriyaki Turkey Sliders

Ingredients:

  • 1 1/4 pounds ground turkey breast
  • 3 slices bread, crumbled
  • 2 T. dried chopped onions
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 1/2 T. sugar
  • 3 T. soy sauce
  • 1 glove garlic, minced
  • 1 t. ground ginger

Directions:

Process the above ingredients in a food processor until blended. Heat a large skillet or griddle to medium heat. You will find the meat mixture sticky and gooey so I used two spoons to work a ball of meat onto the griddle then flattened with a greased spatula. Make 16 small balls in all and grill on both sides for about 3-5 minutes or until cooked through. Each patty should be about 2 1/2 inches across. Serve on mini egg dough buns or mini potato rolls. Serve with favorite condiments. Makes 16 sliders.


EmoticonEmoticon