Chewy Coconut Centers Recipe

Chewy Coconut Centers Recipe

I am now realizing that I should have made this cookbook my Cookbook of the Month for November!! I really want to make some dipped fondants, but reading through the recipes, I have learned that most of them are best once they've set for a week or longer. So needless to say, they aren't going to be done by Christmas!! I have run out of time to make gifts for everyone anyway, so maybe I will be making New Year's chocolates. Who says that plates of chocolates are just for Christmas, anyway?

Chewy Coconut Centers

Chewy Coconut Centers

from Candymaking

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup light corn syrup
  • 12 large marshmallows
  • 1 3/4 cups coconut
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
  • Tempered dipping chocolate

Directions:

Line a 15"x10" jelly roll pan with waxed paper, set aside. In a heavy 2-quart saucepan, combine corn syrup and marshmallows. Place over medium heat and stir until the marshmallows are melted. Remove from heat and stir in coconut, vanilla and almond extract. Refrigerate 10 minutes or until mixture is cool enough to handle.

Butter hands. Shape mixture into small walnut-sized balls. Place on baking sheet, flattening each ball slightly. When cool, dip partially or completely in chocolate.

Makes about 50 centers (I only got about half this - although this is what the recipe says!!)

If you would like the recipe for and of the candies that I haven't listed recipes for, please email me and I will send them over. I just figured that since I am making so many from this book, it's best not to publish them all!


EmoticonEmoticon