Super Fast: Company Bread

Super Fast: Company Bread

Time to start throwing the Super Fast recipes at you. This time of year we are all so busy getting ready for the holidays. Here is a recipe taught to me by my old Army pal, Anne. We met in Germany and she had me over many times for lunch. One of my favorite things that she made for me and some of the other girls in our group was Company Bread- at least that is what I have dubbed it. Now I don't want to hear it, "those are canned biscuits Robin Sue." Canned biscuits schmiscuits. So what? I probably only buy these things three times a year, so once in a while it is ok to cheat a little. Anyway this makes a beautiful and tasty loaf, super fast.

Company Bread

By Robin

Company Bread

Ingredients:

  • 2 cans Pillsbury Grands! jr. Golden Layers, Butter Tastin' biscuits
  • 2 T. melted butter
  • 1 tsp. fresh rosemary, chopped fine
  • few stems of thyme leaves, leaves only
  • pinch kosher salt
  • pinch fresh ground black pepper

Directions:

Remove biscuits for the cans and separate each biscuit in two layers. Stand the layers up in a 9x5 inch loaf pan. Place the halves three across and continue to fill the pan that way until full. They will be squished in there tightly. To the melted butter add the seasonings, mix well and spoon over the bread. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 25 minutes or until golden and no longer doughy in the center. You may have to cover the loaf with foil in the last 5 minutes. To serve, let cool for a bit and then cut with a serrated knife. Serves 8.

Note: You may use any fresh or dried herbs that you desire. I have even added Parmesan cheese before.


EmoticonEmoticon