Pancake Squares Recipe

Pancake Squares Recipe

We are pancake people. For breakfast or dinner we love our pancakes, especially my middle Little. A few years ago I came across this Pancake Squares recipe and figured we would like it too, and we did. The pancakes bake up light and fluffy, very filling, and very versatile. I have doubled these, baked them in a 9x13 and sprinkled one third with blueberries, one third with bananas, and the last third with chocolate chips. Today I wanted them plain to show off some real maple syrup my neighbor brought me from Canada. I only wanted to taste that sweet and delicious liquid gold! I know this is a plain recipe, simple even. But that is ok, sometimes plain is good. Try this new way of serving pancakes, it beats standing over a hot stove pouring, flipping, burning flapjacks on a hot summer day.

By Robin

Pancake Squares

Ingredients:

  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 2 T. melted butter
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 T. sugar
  • 1 cup flour
  • 2 t. baking powder
  • 1/4 t. salt

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly grease an 8x8 baking dish. In a large mixing bowl, beat together milk, butter and egg. Add sugar, then gradually beat the flour in. Carefully stir in the baking powder and salt. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Serves 4-6.

I have a new contraption to keep my pancakes warm as well. See I told you we were serious here. My girly friend got this for me from Crate and Barrel. I preheat it with boiling water, drain and add my hot pancakes. Keeps the little guys warm for a long time. We love it!


EmoticonEmoticon