Summer Fruit Crumble - Crisp

Summer Fruit Crumble - Crisp

I made this last week and just thinking about it is making me hungry!

This was possibly one of the most simplest and delicious desserts I have ever made. I usually do Apple Crisp in the winters but I lucked out with organic berries at my market last week.

I pretty much threw in one of each fruit that I had on hand and it resulted in a super flavorful and scrumptious dessert that paired beautifully with vanilla ice cream.

It got devoured pretty quickly and I just about managed to take this picture before it was all gone.

By Bharti

Ingredients

  • 1 peach skinned and sliced
  • 1 nectarine skinned and sliced
  • 1 mango skinned and chopped
  • 1 cup of strawberries
  • handful of raspberries
  • handful of blueberries
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder

For the crumble

  • 1/2 cup oats
  • 1/2 cup flour (whole wheat works too)
  • 1/3 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon ginger powder
  • 1/2 stick cold butter chopped into small pieces

Method

Preheat the oven to 375F.

Place the fruits in a baking dish. Toss with sugar and ginger powder.

Place all the ingredients for the crumble in a bowl. Rub the butter into the flour mixture. Sprinkle on top of the fruits. Bake for 35-40 minutes. Let it stand for 5-10 minutes. Serve warm with Vanilla ice cream.

Serves about 4-6.


EmoticonEmoticon