Mixed Berry Sauce Recipe

Mixed Berry Sauce Recipe

I have some really kind friends and family... they like to flatter me. Instead of going to some of the much more beautiful and talented blogs on the internet, they suggest that I should get back to blogging and say that they miss my recipes.

Thank you dears for the kind words and here's me attempting to get back to this space, albeit with my quick mobile camera shots and even quicker recipes.

This was last night's dessert- easy, flavorful and delicious. I think I saw it on food network last year.

The star in this recipe is the fruit itself.

I wish I could say that the organic berries are from a farmer's market or picked up from some berry fields that I visited on a gorgeous summer day.

But nah, they're just from Costco. I just became a member this week and now I'm going to be one of those people who gets everything from Costco (you know who you are).

But with these flavorful berries, I can't complain! Here's how I did this...

By Bharti

Mixed Berry Sauce

Ingredients

  • About 3 cups of mixed berries (I used a strawberries, blueberries and raspberries)
  • 3-4 tablespoons sugar (use more if you want a sweeter sauce)
  • 3/4 tablespoon cornstarch
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla essence

Method

Preheat the oven to 325 F. Place the berries in a glass/pyrex dish. Toss with sugar, cornstarch and vanilla. Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes until the fruit is soft and there's a sauce. Stir once or twice during the baking time. Serve as is on top of vanilla ice cream or blend and strain for a smoother sauce.


EmoticonEmoticon