Grilled Rosemary Chicken and Peaches Recipe

Grilled Rosemary Chicken and Peaches Recipe

I found Rosemary Grilled Chicken Thighs on Attifood and thought I would give it a try. I liked the kid's idea of placing a chunk of crystallized ginger into the water while cooking the rice. The marmalade sauce sounded great too, as we are a sauce kind of family, but I felt I could add to this meal. Something to take chicken and white rice over the top. Yadda yadda, orange marmalade sauce, it’s good but hmm... I need something unique but not too far-fetched, something that is quick, has color, and some pizzazz. Peaches! What if I brush peach halves with the marmalade sauce and grill them up too? Perfect. I think that Attifood guy and I would make a great culinary pair, he needs me.

By Robin

Rosemary Grilled Chicken Thighs

Ingredients:

  • 1 1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs
  • 1 T. minced fresh rosemary
  • 2 t. brown sugar
  • 2 t. kosher salt
  • 1 t. freshly ground black pepper
  • 1 t. crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
  • 2 T. olive oil
  • 8 peach halves– I used Trader Joe’s jarred peach halves in white grape juice.

Directions:

Toss chicken with all the spices and oil. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. Heat grill to med-high and grill chicken 5 minutes per side. In the last minute of grilling the chicken, brush the peach halves with the marmalade sauce and grill for 20 seconds per side. Serve grilled chicken and peaches on a big and pretty platter with a side of jasmine rice boiled with a few pieces of crystallized ginger. Pickled Cucumber Salad went great with this meal.

Marmalade Sauce

Ingredients:

  • 1 t. minced fresh rosemary
  • 1 cup orange marmalade
  • 1/4 cup rice vinegar
  • 2 t. brown sugar (optional)

Directions:

Warm all ingredients in saucepan , mixing well, or in the microwave for 1 minute.

Pickled Cucumber Salad

Pickled Cucumber Salad

Ingredients:

  • 1 pound cucumber peeled, cut into 1/4 coins
  • 1/2 Vidalia onion sliced-I used red onion
  • One handful baby carrots, cut into matchsticks
  • 1/4 of a red pepper, cut in small strips
  • 1/3 cup white sugar
  • 2 t. salt
  • 1/2 t. celery salt
  • 1/3 cup white vinegar

Directions:

In a deep bowl mix all ingredients by hand until the sugar is dissolved. Cover and let marinate in the refrigerator for 3 hours. I make mine in the morning for that night’s dinner. These veggies can be stored in the refrigerator for 3 months, stir occasionally.


EmoticonEmoticon