Robin Sue's Coleslaw Recipe

Robin Sue's Coleslaw Recipe

I especially like my coleslaw heaped up high on a pile of North Carolina Barbecue with that vinegary sauce, hush puppies, beans, and some corn bread. Oh baby. Hubby and I ate that meal frequently while living in NC, and boy that was some good barbecue. I like to make my own coleslaw and my hubby likes it flavorful, tangy and sweet. I have been making it for years but finally thought to write the recipe down, you know just in case something happens to me because every day I tell my kids that they're killing me- a slow and painful death. Dan and I have joked that I need to write out all my recipes, we would call it "The Just In Case I Die Cook Book" so that his next wife can make all my good cooking for him, she'd just better be ugly. This coleslaw went great with the Best Ever Meatloaf and Oven-Fried Potato Wedges.

By Robin

Robin Sue's Coleslaw

Ingredients:

  • 16 ounces shredded cabbage
  • 1/2 C. sugar
  • 2 T. cider vinegar
  • 2 T. dried onion flakes
  • 1/2 t. dry mustard powder
  • 1 t. celery salt
  • generous pinch fresh ground black pepper
  • 1/4 t. celery seed
  • 1 cup mayonnaise

Directions:

Mix all ingredients together well and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Serves 4-6.


EmoticonEmoticon