Roasted Chickpeas Recipe

Roasted Chickpeas Recipe

For my Middle Little, Mr. Picky Pot to like these then they must be good. Veggies rarely cross this little boys lips, so I was very pleased when Zuzu said he liked these Roasted Chickpeas - at least when he found out is was not chick's pee like his Dad teased him it was. I have seen these all over the foodie blogosphere and thought I would join the fun too. These are such a great little treat. Give it a go with whatever spices turn you on.

By Robin

Roasted Chickpeas

Ingredients:

  • 2 cans chickpeas, drained, rinsed, and dried a little
  • 1 T. olive oil

Spices I used, no measurments, sprinkle to taste:

  • cinnamon
  • cumin
  • chipotle powder
  • smokey seasoned salt
  • smoked paprika

Directions:

On a jelly roll pan lined with foil place peas in a single layer and sprinkle with oil and spices. Toss well and bake in 450° oven for about 20-25 minutes depending on the doneness you like. I like mine cripsy so I went 25 minutes. Watch because they will burn quickly at the end. Let cool and place in an airtight container.


EmoticonEmoticon