Favorite Fish Patties

Favorite Fish Patties

Even though everyone gives me a hard time about stinking up the house while cooking fish, they all seem to shut their traps when they bite into these over the top crispy Fish Patties. This is one of my quick, go to meals. It uses cooked fish, which I gently cook up in the microwave. How easy is that? Then mixed with a few other ingredients this dish is a snap. The baking powder is the secret. It gives this patty that extra crispness that I really like in a fish patty. I served these with tarter sauce and lemon wedges along side a big bowl of fresh pineapple and cantaloupe.

By Robin

Favorite Fish Patties

Ingredients:

  • 1 pound wild caught, cooked fish, reserve any juice from cooking
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup minced onion
  • 1/2 cup flour
  • 1 1/2 t. baking powder
  • 1 t. seasoned salt
  • few pinches of fresh cracked black pepper
  • 1 1/2 cups oil for frying

Directions:

Mix the first seven ingredients together well. If the batter seems a little dry add some of the cooking juices. I usually end up adding 1/8- 1/4 cup. Form into 4-6 balls, they will be wet and sticky, add to hot oil and gently press down into a patty. Fry until each side is golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side. Serve on grilled buns with tarter sauce. Serves 4.

Note - I used Wild Caught Dover Sole Filets to make this dish. I do like Trader Joe's flash frozen fish packets. They are all about the right size to make this recipe. I have tried most white fish as well as salmon for these patties.


EmoticonEmoticon