Cake Mix Cookies Recipe

Cake Mix Cookies Recipe

Who has ever cheated? Raise your hand. I confess, I am a cheater. Not on taxes or my husband mind you but in the kitchen. We all have done it, right? Purchased items from the salad bar only to fix it with a few other ingredients to call it your own or opened a can or jar of something, added a few fresh items and called it dinner. I do it out of convenience, lack of planning, and laziness. What's your excuse?

The other day I needed some quick "homemade" cookies for my kids' lunch boxes. I could have taken out all the ingredients to make some real homemade ones but it was late, I was tired, and I didn't want to deal with the mess. Solution: Cake Mix Cookies. As much as I love to make my cakes or any baked goods from scratch, I do keep a few mixes on hand for emergencies. The cookies baked up beautifully and can be made with whatever flavor of mix and additions you like. I used yellow cake mix and chocolate chips.

Cake Mix Cookies

By Robin

Cake Mix Cookies

Ingredients:

  • 1 cake mix- I used yellow
  • 2/3 cup regular oats
  • 1/2 cup melted butter
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 - 3/4 cup chocolate chips

Directions:

In a large bowl, mix the first 4 ingredients until dough comes together then add chocolate chips. Roll into a little bit bigger than an inch balls and place 2 inches apart on cookie sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes. Cool on wire racks. Makes about 30 cookies.


EmoticonEmoticon