Cheerio Chaat Recipe

Cheerio Chaat Recipe

Sorry my bloggy blog! I have been ignoring you. It's just that my lovely family is visiting and I'm having such a good time with them. Here is a recipe that I throw together when we are in the mood for something chatpata. The inspiration comes from my friend Summi who used to whip up chaat in the form of cheerios back in the day when her first born was a baby. My guess is that for the lack of decent bhel in Indiana and a pantry always stocked with cheerios for the little one, she must've thrown the chutneys and cheerios together to come up with a rather convenient and tasty medley. We have rediscovered this mix again in the last year and I make quite often in the evenings as a quick chatpatta nashta.

This is how it goes.

By Bharti

Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup of plain yogurt
  • 1/4 cup of green mint or cilantro chutney
  • 1/4 cup of sweet tamarind chutney
  • 1 teaspoon jeera powder (cumin powder)
  • 1/2 teaspoon Chaat masala
  • 1/4 teaspoon red chili powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon kala namak (rock salt)
  • 2-3 cups of plain cheerios or toasted O cereal
  • Optional : 1 boiled, peeled and chopped potato

Method

Mix everything but the cheerios together and adjust the chutneys and seasonings according to your taste. Toss the cheerios and potatoes with the yogurt mixture right before serving. Garnish with Sev and cilantro leaves.


EmoticonEmoticon