Crispy Caramel Marshmallows Recipe

Crispy Caramel Marshmallows Recipe

I will need to hide these from myself. This little finger food of soft marshmallows enrobed in caramel and rolled in crispy rice cereal may cause a problem in the area of me bum- yes baby's got back and there's junk in my trunk. I am practicing my hippy shake talk for my classroom full of teeny boppers next weeks. If my lingo doesn't make me the coolest chick on the block then these little morsels will. Make these, it will have your kids singing "Don't you wish yo momma cooks just like mine?"

Crispy Caramel Marshmallows

By Robin

Crispy Caramel Marshmallows

Ingredients:

  • 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 stick butter
  • 14 ounce bag caramels
  • 10 ounce bag large marshmallows
  • crispy rice cereal

Directions:

Over a double-boiler heat milk, butter, and caramels until melted and smooth. Place a marshmallow on a fondue fork-it works the best, and dip into caramel, shaking off excess caramel. Roll in rice cereal and place on a wax paper lined cookie sheet. Repeat with the rest of the marshmallows. Let set for about 30 minutes and store in an airtight container. Makes about 45 pieces.

Note- If you would like to make these on a stick, use a lollipop stick, skewer, or popsicle stick and completely immerse marshmallow in caramel sauce then roll in cereal. The ones below did slip on the stick a bit and would have benefited from a caramel anchor.


EmoticonEmoticon