Honey Dressing Recipe

Honey Dressing Recipe

For the last few months I have been collecting and trying various homemade salad dressings. I, like most, like a good salad, especially a classic like the Caesar, Chef, or Cobb. But I have been disappointed in bottled dressings. Can one even begin to read and understand the ingredients list? My favorite Ranch dressing brand contains MSG which enhances umami, but I am rendered a useless migraine wreck after it's indulgence. I have been working hard to decrease artificial preservatives and chemicals in my family's diet which has led me to make my own salad dressings. Homemade salad dressing is not as hard to make as it may seem. Many of the ingredients are in one's pantry and the ingredient amounts can always be altered to adapt to one's tastes. I have found homemade dressings to be livelier than their bottled relatives and improve even the most drab salads. Honey Dressing is one I have been enjoying for a few seasons. The sweet honey coats the vegetables nicely while the lime gives it all a pleasing tang. The celery seed is a special surprise as it gives a savory, vintage taste to this dressing.

By Robin

Honey Dressing

Ingredients:

  • 1 t. dry mustard
  • 1 t. paprika
  • 1/4 t. Kosher salt
  • 1/2 C. honey
  • 2 T. fresh squeezed lime juice
  • 2 T. cider vinegar
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil, olive oil works well too
  • 1 t. celery seed

Directions:

In a small bowl add the first seven ingredients. Blend with a immersion blender until smooth and thickened. Stir in celery seed and toss with favorite salad or citrus fruits. Makes 1 1/4 Cups.


EmoticonEmoticon