Lemonade Pie Recipe

Lemonade Pie Recipe

I do not handle change well and I am heading for a big change, our last weekend of Summer Vacation. It's not that I am not looking forward to having the children start school or be back in the classroom myself, it's that I am sad one more summer is over and gone and now a memory, a very sweet memory. The summer Dryden lost three teeth, the summer Deven went to over-night camp for the very first time, and the summer Daelyn talked us all to death.

I do not measure my children's years by what grade they are in but measure them by our summers. The even summers we go to Seattle to see Himself's side of the family and the odd summers we go to visit mine in Boston. So in many conversations we say, "Oh that was the summer we went to Boston and the kids were..." whatever age they were. So in holding on to summer and its memory by my fingertips, I give you one last hurrah- Lemonade Pie, not to be sipped on the front porch listening to the night creatures' song and watching the children play but savored with whipped cream following one last summertime meal.

By Robin

Lemonade Pie

Ingredients:

  • 5 ounce can evaporated milk
  • 1 small box instant lemon pudding mix
  • 2- 8 ounce bricks cream cheese, softened
  • 1/3 cup sugar + 1/3 cup lemon juice mixed or 2/3 cup lemonade concentrate
  • one graham cracker pie crust

Directions:

In a large mixing bowl beat cream chesse until soft and fluffy. Add pudding and milk and mix well on medium speed. Slowly pour in lemonade concentrate and blend until smooth and creamy. Pour into pie shell and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Serve with whipped cream. Serves 6-8. This pie is very rich and creamy. Delicious.


EmoticonEmoticon