Cannoli Bites Recipe

Cannoli Bites Recipe

I was craving cannolis for a few days now and spotted these mini fillo cups in my pantry and had wondered if they would do in place of the traditional cannoli shell. They do. I love a good vanilla ricotta cannoli from Mike's Pastry in the North End but sometimes I like my canollis jazzed up with a smidgen of orange, cinnamon, and chocolate. I whipped up some filling and filled these mini cups then proceeded to eat five all by myself. Does that make me bad? So when you need to impress a crowd, make these little bites then lead everyone to believe that you spent all day making them.

By Robin

Cannoli Bites

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup ricotta cheese
  • 1/4 t vanilla extract
  • 4 T. powdered sugar
  • 1 T. heavy cream
  • 1/8 t. cinnamon
  • 1 t. fresh orange zest
  • 2 T. mini chocolate chips
  • 30 mini fillo cups (2 boxes)

Directions:

In a small food processor or blender, blend the first 5 ingredients until smooth. Remove to a bowl and fold in orange zest and chips. Using a baby spoon, spoon filling evenly into 30 fillo cups. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, cocoa, or both. Chopped pistachios may be nice too. Serve immediately. Makes 30 pieces.

Note: Only put the cream filling into the cups just before serving so the cups do not get soggy. Thank you.


EmoticonEmoticon