Peanut Butter Fudge Sauce Recipe

Peanut Butter Fudge Sauce Recipe

Get your pen out and copy this recipe down right now. It is that good. I have had this recipe for 15 years. I got it from my MIL when I married Himself. I have so many of her great recipes that I make over and over again. This Peanut Butter Fudge Sauce is from an old newspaper clipping she had from many years ago and this recipe is a family favorite; all the daughter-in-laws make it. You must cook this on the stove until thick but once it cools it gets even thicker, spoon bending thick. A quick reheat and you are back in business. We love this over ice cream but it can be used over cakes and other desserts. The fudge posed with its favorite old recipe card that is tattered and well used.

One year, at Christmastime, I made this fudge sauce for my co-workers and jarred it up prettily for each one of them. After the office party one of the gals approached me and asked if the Peanut Butter Fudge Sauce was good in the bedroom. I told her it is good in any room. After she shrugged and walked away, I figured out that that was not what she meant.

Peanut Butter Fudge Sauce

By Robin

Peanut Butter Fudge Sauce

Ingredients:

  • 2 cups sugar
  • 1/4 cup flour
  • 1/4 cup cocoa
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter, I used chunky, it was all I had
  • 1 - 12 ounce can evaporated milk
  • 1/4 t. salt
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 1 t. vanilla

Directions:

In a medium saucepan over medium heat, mix all of the ingredients. Stirring continuously, bring mixture to a gentle boil. Stir until smooth and thickened. About 10-15 minutes. Do not burn, do not stop stirring. Remove from heat and add vanilla. Pour into a quart jar. Cool and place in refrigerator until ready to serve. To serve spoon out a small portion into a microwave safe bowl, cover and heat on half power in microwave in 20 second increments until warm. Makes one quart.

Note - This makes a great gift!


EmoticonEmoticon