Italian Sausage Cacciatore Recipe

Italian Sausage Cacciatore Recipe

After The White House tour last Saturday, everyone came to my house for dinner. I knew I needed to have something hot and ready. Out came the crockpot for this fabulous dish. I got this recipe, is it even a recipe it's so easy, from my friend Sheila who really knows how to feed crowds. Italian Sausage Cacciatore is easy and delicious served on soft baguettes of French Bread with slices of pepper jack cheese. Also with a big bag of potato chips and dip, baby carrots, and some Belgian Bornem Beer, we were warmed up in no time. For dessert I baked up some fresh cookies from the Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookie Dough I had mixed up earlier. It was a great day and night.

Italian Sausage Cacciatore

By Robin

Italian Sausage Cacciatore

Ingredients:

  • 3 red bell peppers, sliced- I used orange, red, and yellow
  • 1 large vidalia or large sweet onion, sliced
  • 20 links Sweet or Hot Italian Sausage, cut in half- I used Sweet
  • 1 4lb 3 ounce container of your favorite spaghetti sauce - I used Prego from Sam's Club *GASP*

Directions:

In a large crockpot place the pepper slices and onions. Top with sausage then pour sauce over top of the sausage. Cover and cook on high for 6 hours. Serve on rolls or over pasta. Serves about 20.

Note - If I were using this to serve a crowd I would cook up a few pounds of pasta, like bow ties. That way guests can have it either way.


EmoticonEmoticon