Banana Walnut Muffins Recipe

Banana Walnut Muffins Recipe

Normally, the boyfriend doesn't ask for any baked goods. I'll ask him what I should bake, and he has no opinion on the matter at all. Unhelpful, I tell you! So in those amazing instances where he actually tells me what he wants, I leap to make it asap. This was one of those times - banana walnut muffins. For some reason, I'm never that excited about banana in baked goods. Give me zucchini bread over banana bread any day. But he asked - so I delivered. I went with Elise's Banana Nut Muffins, skipping the coffee since he doesn't like it (weirdo).

Oh, and if you were wondering - a pastry blender works wonders on ripe but not incredibly mushy bananas. Wonders.

Banana Walnut Muffins

And man, did they turn out well. They made 12 heaping muffins, so heaping that I was afraid they'd overflow. But no, they rose beautifully, browned, and came out of the muffin tin with no problems.

And the boyfriend? Well, he ate two for breakfast both days, stole the rest to take back to Madison, and is already plotting to eat them with either whipped cream or ice cream as dessert in addition to having them for breakfast. He told me that they reheated in the oven very well - just 10-15 min at 350 degrees and they were good to go.

Banana Walnut Muffins

By Engineer Baker

BANANA NUT MUFFINS RECIPE (FROM SIMPLY RECIPES)

Ingredients

  • 3 or 4 ripe bananas, smashed
  • 1/3 cup melted butter
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • Pinch of salt
  • 1 1/2 cup of flour
  • 1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted

Method

No need for a mixer with this recipe.

1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. With a wooden spoon, mix butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl.

2. Mix in the sugar, egg, and vanilla.

3. Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in.

4. Add the flour, mix until it is just incorporated. Fold in the chopped walnuts.

5. Pour mixture into a prepared muffin tin. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Check for doneness with a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin. If it comes out clean, it's done. Cool on a rack.

Makes 12 muffins.


EmoticonEmoticon